We are expert at providing world-class Business Mandarin training to corporations. We provide in-company Mandarin training with both one-on-one and small group lessons. Our long-standing blue chip clients include corporates, investment banks, law firms, consulting firms, department stores, government departments and multinational organisations. We help our clients to become excellent communicators in real social and business situations with a tailored Business Mandarin curriculum.
They trust us.
All courses are tailor-made to accommodate your learning objectives, lifestyle, time constraints and learning pace. Over the years, we have developed an exclusive teaching method to help our students build up a solid foundation and to give busy professionals a sense of achievement within a very short time.
- Work-specific terminologies will be introduced throughout the course.
- Our Mandarin courses for corporates are delivered in your offices or meeting rooms to save travelling time.
- We believe the key to success is “a little and often”. We suggest two 1-hour lessons or one 1.5-hour lesson per week, with a 5-minute homework/revision exercise each day.
- Chinese arts, history, culture, geography and cuisine are always incorporated into the classes to create a stimulating and enjoyable learning experience and to ensure an enhanced comprehension of the Chinese social, commercial and economic environment.
- We also provide unique courses for speakers of Cantonese, Hakka and those with a Chinese background but who have grown up abroad. With the basic grasp of Chinese word order and basic grammar, students will make progress very quickly with the help of our experienced teachers.
- Qualified and certified by the IPA (International Profession Certification Association), ICA (International Chinese Language Teachers Association) or an equivalent degree such as TCSOL (Teaching Chinese as a Second Language)All our teachers are qualified and certified by authoritative organisations such as IPA (International Profession Certification Association), ICA (International Chinese Language Teachers Association) or have an equivalent degree of TCSOL (Teaching Chinese as a Second Language).
- Professional and entertaining
- Speak standard Mandarin with the National Putonghua Proficiency Test (PSC) Level 1B and aboveAll of our teachers speak Standard Mandarin with the National Putonghua Proficiency Test (PSC) Level 1B and above. The PSC has become the statutory test of Putonghua competence by its inclusion in PRC Law since 2000. It is classified into 3 levels and 6 grades. Level 1A is the highest score (97%-100%). Attainment of Level 2A is required to qualify as an instructor in Chinese and Level 3A as a civil servant. The following list gives you a better idea of the detailed classification of Standard Mandarin.
|Levels and Grades||Scores and Level Descriptions||Regulations on the minimum level of Mandarin for specific professions|
|Level 1A||Correct pronunciation in oral reading and free conversation, using correct vocabulary and grammar, correct and natural intonation with fluent expression. Error less than 3%.||National and provincial radio and television announcers, programme hosts|
|Level 1B||Correct pronunciation in oral reading and free conversation, using correct vocabulary and grammar, correct and natural intonation with fluent expression. Occasional mistakes with pronunciation and tones. Error less than 8%.||
|Level 2A||Correct pronunciation in oral reading and free conversation with a naturally fluent intonation. Rare mistakes with difficult sounds (nasal sound, etc.). Rare mistakes in vocabulary and grammar. Error less than 13%.||
|Level 2B||Occasional mistakes in oral reading and conversation; lack of accuracy with specific tone, vowels and consonants. No obvious dialect accent but occasional use of dialect words and grammar. Error less than 20%.||
|Level 3A||A number of mistakes with vowels and consonants in oral reading and conversation obvious dialect accent. Vocabulary, grammar mistakes. Error less than 30%.||Teachers at Colleges and Universities National civil servants|
|Level 3B||Frequent mistakes with vowels and consonants in oral reading and conversation obvious dialect accent. Communication difficulty with people from other regions because of a strong dialect accent. Error less than 40%.||Others|
- MultilingualWe can also teach Mandarin to non-English speaking students. Our multilingual teachers deliver Mandarin lessons not only in English, but also in many other languages including French, Spanish, Russian, Cantonese and Japanese.